Hey, I'm Steph!
Greet to "meet" you. I have always loved photography. My style is driven by a desire to capture what is real and so you will see a lot of joy, emotion and candid moments in my work. I started my business in 2016 after multiple friends encouraged me to give it a go. I'm grateful to them for believing in me and trusting my abilities to document some of the most important moments of their lives - weddings, birth of their children, the launch of their own small businesses, and alllll the babies.
I'm passionate about providing you gorgeous photos and an incredibly easy, fun, lighthearted experience. I want you to feel heard, loved and encouraged. For me, this creative outlet is just as much about making art as it is loving on others.
In March of 2021 my husband and I moved from the Midwest of the United States to Australia. Brisbane is where we currently live, work and explore. I love the outdoors, hiking, eating at cute cafes, having deep chats about life and faith, spending time with friends, spontaneous adventures and wine tastings. I've become accustomed to mid-morning tea and I like Vegemite; but only with melted butter. I also recently learned that hot crossed buns are real and not just a funny song you sing when you're four...LOL!
1. I used to teach 8th grade science. I've worked in the full time ministry, nonprofit and education space since university. If you know the Enneagram, I'm a 1w2.
2. I have traveled to 5 out of 7 continents; 15 countries; 2 of 7 Wonders of the World + Great Barrier Reef.
3. Technically, I'm a "runner" (I have completed 4 half marathons and 1 full) but run is a strong word for the motion in which I move my legs.
4. I love flowers SO MUCH. My favourites are peonies, dahlias and proteas - coolest but weirdest flower I've ever seen. Australia is something else! All y'all with your hairy flowers.
5. My husband and I filmed an episode of House Hunters International. If you're lucky, you may see us on HGTV or Channel 9 reruns!
Wanna know more? Send me a DM or email. Can't wait to work with you!